Carbon Rankings Terms & Conditions
Use of the service constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the service. ET Index Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
- ET Index Ltd reserves the right to update the ET Carbon Rankings as it deems appropriate.
- Any member of the public is permitted to use the information provided in the ET Carbon Rankings for non-commercial purposes.
- Reproduction of the ET Carbon Rankings and associated data for commercial purposes is not permissible without a license agreement from ET Index Ltd. This means that no data on the etindex.com website can be sold, resold, transferred, assigned, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited or made available to any third party in any way without the prior written consent of ET Index Ltd.
- The information provided in the ET Carbon Rankings is derived from publicly available sources but no guarantee can be offered to its absolute reliability.
- Particular caution should be exercised when interpreting an inferred figure. This should not be considered an estimate of a company’s actual carbon emissions. The purpose of an inferred figure is only to incentivise disclosure by the company.
- ET Index Ltd reserves the right to use inferred figures as a tool for incentivising companies to disclose information regarding their carbon emissions.
- Wherever data is not complete, which means Scope 1 and 2 have not been reported for the company’s entire operations (or they have not been expressed in a sufficiently clear manner, or no public and freely available data is available) a worst case figure is inferred based on the highest reported emissions intensity by any company within the same sector within the Rankings. Please note that third-party reporting on behalf of a company, which may involve restrictions or permissions (e.g. The CDP, formerly The Carbon Disclosure Project), is not defined as ‘publicly and freely available’ under the ET Carbon Rankings methodology.
- ET Index Ltd makes no warranty as to the reliability of independent third-party assurance.
- Questions relating to the standard of assurance should in all cases be addressed to the company in question directly.
- Use of the ET Carbon Rankings is currently authorised for all forms of media dissemination. The use for academic, research and all other non-commercial purposes is authorised with prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to review the most up-to-date information on the etindex.com website, in order to be aware of any changes made by ET Index Ltd. Your continued use of this service after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please stop using the website and any information proprietary to ET Index Ltd which has been copied, downloaded or reproduced.
To contact a member of the team about licensing the data please email firstname.lastname@example.org.